Sunday 1 September 2013

Summer Reads

The City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
Fallen - Lauren Kate
The Lux Series (Book 1 & 2) - Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
Impossible - Nancy Werlin
The Goddess Series - Aimee Carter
Once a Witch & Always a Witch - Carolyn MacCullough
Eve - Anna Carey
Touch of Frost - Jennifer Estep
Wildefire - Karsten Knight
Haunting Violet - Alyxandra Harvey
Dance of Shadows - Yelena Black

           Books are an amazing escape from the real world. Even if you have nothing to escape from, the feeling of being swept right into a story is absolutely amazing. Over the summer, I read so many books that I just lost track! The books above are the only ones that I could remember. Here are my reactions to some of the novels from above.


The City of Bones
By: Cassandra Clare

          After a lot of convincing, I finally read The City of Bones and I have to say that it was amazing! The way that Cassandra Clare portrayed her characters really helped the reader to find some way to connect with them. As I was reading I dove deeper and deeper into the story, until I reached the last couple of chapters. I thought that the ending was COMPLETELY unexpected and I have to say that after that surprise, I didn't want to continue on with the series. After some more convincing though, I have started the second book, and I have to say it is pretty good so far.


Impossible
By: Nancy Werlin

          Impossible was absolutely amazing. I generally don't like these types of books but I was speechless when I finished the book. Nancy Werlin uses the famous Ballad Scarborough Fair as a curse towards the Scarborough Family. Lucy has to perform the tasks that are sung in the ballad before she gives birth to her daughter. If she fails, the curse passes on to the next generation. I loved everything about this book. It is one of the few books that I wouldn't mind reading over and over again!


The Goddess Series
By: Aimee Carter

           For this series, after reading the first book, The Goddess Test, I was hooked. The book is about a young girl, Kate, whose mother is the only thing in her life. Once her mother gets diagnosed for cancer, she knows that time is running out. Enters Henry. A mysterious stranger who promises Kate that he can elongate her mother's life, as long as she tries to pass the test to become the new partner of the underworld alongside him. I love Greek mythology so this book was spectacular. I kind of stopped reading the series after the second book though, because it started to become much less interesting, but overall I definitely recommend this to anyone who would like a good read!


Dance of Shadows
By: Yelena Black

          This book is probably my absolute favourite read of the summer. It was absolutely amazing, though I did have my doubts about it at first. In this book a young girl named Vanessa. She accepted into an amazing dance school in New York. Every dancer's dream is to become accepted into this school, but for Vanessa it is the place where her older sister Margaret vanished. She is convinced that her sister is still alive and that she can find her, but if her dancing could be the end for her. Like I said, I LOVED this book and I would recommend for anyone who loves the supernatural.



         

          

         



No comments:

Post a Comment