Friday 2 November 2012

Life As We Knew It Book Review


Life As We Knew It
By: Susan Pfeffer
Book Review By: Maitri P.


When news stations first alert the world of an asteroid about to hit they Earth, no one expected any big changes. No interest was shown and no preparations were made. Miranda, a 16 year old girl, was just one of these people. However when the asteroid did hit, disaster struck. With the moon so close to the Earth, chaos spread and almost all life on Earth disappeared. That’s when she knew the life that she loved, the life that she knew, was gone. Forever.
I have to say that this is my absolutely favourite novel. The emotion and the suspense that was present throughout the book wouldn’t let me put the book down! The main audience for this book would be teenage girls but that doesn’t mean that everyone can’t enjoy it. Even though all these disasters are occurring all over the world and Miranda has to worry about whether or not her family would find food on their plates, her actions and her thoughts were very much like an ordinary teenage girl. I think that the theme of this novel was the value of life. There were constant hints of the value of life. It showed that death was definitely the easier choice but in the end life would prove it’s importance. In the text I read about piles of death everywhere, full of bodies that had been forgotten. It also talked about how hard life was. Even though it didn’t say in the novel, I think that all individuals would have preferred life even with all the hardships that you would have to face. You should definitely read this book, I promise it is worth your time!


2 comments:

  1. I have also read this book and thought it was wonderful! Your writing style was simple and descriptive very engaging. I loved your evidence that you used and couldn't have done it better myself. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete